Located in the heart of Ottawa’s Glebe neighborhood, Emond Harnden is a progressive and exciting place to begin or enhance your career. As a boutique labour and employment law firm, we have been representing the interests of management in both official languages since 1987.
Emond Harnden fosters a spirit of respect and collegiality between Partners, Associates, and staff, and we recognize that in order to provide the level of service our clients expect and deserve, lawyers and staff must be passionate about what they do. We are seeking candidates who are aligned with our entrepreneurial spirit, who care and see the value of their work, and who share our drive for delivering high caliber client service.
Reporting to the HR and Operations Manager, the Legal Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support in a legal environment and will be a key player in client service delivery.
As part of the dynamic LA support team, you will:
- Open new client files and matters.
- Perform conflict searches, create, and maintain files, and close files as instructed.
- Prepare legal documents, including (but not limited to) affidavits, briefs, motions, subpoenas, appearance sheets, minutes of settlement, release agreements, etc.
- Maintain electronic copies of all documentation in Emond Harnden’s database to supplement available precedents.
- Input and validate Lawyers’ time dockets.
- Provide direct support to first-year associates.
- Other miscellaneous legal support duties as required.
For this role, you will need to have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- The ability to produce a high volume of high-quality work under tight deadlines while managing competing priorities.
- The ability to provide an excellent customer service and ensuring professionalism.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office & Adobe Pro, as well as the ability to learn new technologies as necessary.
- Be fluently bilingual in English and French.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
EH is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.