Located in the heart of Ottawa’s Glebe neighborhood, Emond Harnden is a progressive and exciting place to begin or enhance your career. As a boutique labour and employment law firm, we have been representing the interests of management in both official languages since 1987.
Emond Harnden fosters a spirit of respect and collegiality between Partners, Associates, and staff, and we recognize that in order to provide the level of service our clients expect and deserve, lawyers and staff must be passionate about what they do. We are seeking candidates who are aligned with our entrepreneurial spirit, who care and see the value of their work, and who share our drive for delivering high-caliber client service.
The Legal Talent Manager works closely with the Partner Committees leading Associate HR and Student Recruitment and the COO to align business and talent strategies. The Legal Talent Manager will lead EH’s Legal Talent Program for all legal resources (Law Students, Articling Students, Associates), and they will be responsible for:
- Competency Development
- Capacity Management, and
- Career Management
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the recruitment processes for all legal resources, law students, articling students and associates including working closely with universities and optimizing the Firm’s role and attendance in recruitment opportunities.
- Ensure proper onboarding and integration of all legal resources and support each individual in integrating with their Sector Groups and within the Firm.
- Lead competency development, mentorship, and performance programs, and support the development of a culture of feedback, which will enhance the career path of legal professionals and inform the Firm’s leaders on needs and opportunities.
- Work closely with Partners to align capacity with the demand for legal resources, ensuring that law students, articling students, and associates remain engaged and that their skills are optimized.
- Contribute to developing a framework for ensuring legal resources are actively engaged and that their career expectations are being met.
- Encourage, monitor, and support the planning of ongoing professional development and training of legal resources.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Former practicing Legal Professional preferred;
- 5+ years of Professional Development experience within a management role;
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with people at all levels;
- Bilingualism (written, spoken, comprehension) and the ability to practice in French is an asset;
- Outstanding client relationship management skills;
- Strong operational management focus, ensuring high quality work product, organization, delegation, and budget management skills;
- Highly-developed analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong client service orientation;
- Strong leadership ability;
- Strong Project Management skills.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
EH is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the grounds protected by the Human Rights Code of Ontario. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.