Status: Full-time, permanent
Reports to: Finance Manager
Location: Hybrid within Ottawa, ON
Benefits: RRSP Matching, employer paid Group Health Benefits, generous vacation and sick leave, annual wellness allowance and professional development reimbursement
Located in the heart of Ottawa’s Glebe neighbourhood, Emond Harnden is a trusted labour and employment law firm serving management interests across Canada in both official languages.
Emond Harnden offers an excellent opportunity to advance your career. We understand that providing exceptional client service requires a passionate and dedicated team. We’re seeking candidates who align with our values, appreciate the significance of their work, and share our commitment to delivering top-tier client service.
The Accounting Clerk plays a critical role within our Firm by fulfilling financial and billing functions such as client billing, accounts receivable follow-ups, and other related tasks. The Accounting Clerk works collaboratively with other members of the Finance department and with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Generate, review, and adjust client invoices as necessary while working closely with
- Assist with accounts receivable processes and be a go-to for inquiries for internal and
- Manage accounts payable functions including entering and reconciling firm credit card expenses;
- Complete various reconciliations, including banks and accounts;
- Collaborate with the team to support month- and year-end closing;
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the department.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Fluent in English (written, spoken, and comprehension);
- Great attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Thrive working within a small team, and maintain supportive and effective collaboration skills;
- Possess friendly and effective communication skills;
- Experience working with the Microsoft Office suite;
- Hold a university degree or college diploma in accounting, business administration or equivalent knowledge or work experience.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Emond Harnden is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.