Located in the heart of Ottawa’s Glebe neighborhood, Emond Harnden is a progressive and exciting place to begin or enhance your career. As a boutique labour and employment law firm, we have been representing the interests of management in both official languages since 1987.
Emond Harnden fosters a spirit of respect and collegiality between Partners, Associates, and staff, and we recognize that in order to provide the level of service our clients expect and deserve, lawyers and staff must be passionate about what they do. We are seeking candidates who are aligned with our entrepreneurial spirit, who care and see the value of their work, and who share our drive for delivering high-caliber client service.
The primary responsibility of the Research Lawyer is to provide professional legal research assistance to the Firm’s legal team.
Specifically, an Emond Harnden Research Lawyer will:
- Use traditional and computerized legal research methods
- Research, analyze, and apply legal principles, facts, and precedents to specific legal questions
- Analyze and appraise a variety of legal documents
- Research legal issues and present clear and logical arguments and statements of fact and law
- Draft legal memoranda, opinions, briefs, pleadings and other legal documents
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted during the course of work
Education and experience requirements are:
- LL.B or J.D. with excellent academic credentials;
- Law degree, along with 3+ years’ experience practicing in labour and employment law;
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills
- Labour and Employment Law
- Civil Litigation
Knowledge and skills the successful candidate would possess:
- Bilingualism (the ability to read, write, and speak French fluently) would be an asset;
- Principles, practices, methods, and materials of legal research and analysis;
- Legal terms, procedures, forms, and documents
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
EH is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the grounds protected by the Human Rights Code of Ontario. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com.