- Request to Extend Order No. 2020-A-105 by Air Canada – Letter Decision No. LET-A-66-2020Agency extended the period of temporary exemption from the provisions of section 64 of the CTA and section 14 of the Air Transportation Regulations for all carriers that hold a domestic license – air services may be or remain suspended without carriers’ having to provide the normal 120 days of notice or engage in consultations regarding those sections – Agency also extended order to permit any carrier that has provided notice and engaged in discussions for a period of at least 60 days in a manner consistent with section 64 of the CFTA and section 14 of the ATR to permanently discontinue or reduce a service without first needing to resume that service or engage in any further notice or consultation activities – carriers may now comply with paragraph 14(1)(b) of the ATR by publishing any notices of suspension/discontinuance on its website and establishing a dedicated web page for this purpose – effective until March 31, 2021.
- Suspension – Regal-Beloit Flight Service, Inc – Order No. 2020-A-167License suspended pursuant to paragraph 75(1)(b) of the CTA.
- Application – Vietnam Airlines JSC c.o.b. Vietnam Airlines – Determination No. A-2020-171Application for license to operate a non-scheduled international service, between Vietnam and Canada, on a temporary basis, until October 13, 2020 – license issued – license shall terminate on November 15, 2020.
- Suspension – Acadian Seaplanes LLC c.o.b. Acadian Air – Determination No. A-2020-172License suspended pursuant to paragraph 75(2)(b) of the CTA.
- Application – Fly Coastal Air Taxi Ltd. – Determination No. A-2020-173Application for license to operate domestic service, small aircraft – license issued.
- Suspension – Kolob Canyons Air Services, LCC c.o.b. Business Air Center, Kolob Canyon Air Serivce, Coast to Coast Air Ambulance – Order No. 2020-A-166License suspended pursuant to paragraph 75(1)(b) of the CTA.
- Suspension – ACP Jet Charters, Inc c.o.b. Phenix Jet and as ACP Jets – Order No. 2020-A-165License suspended pursuant to paragraph 75(1)(b).
- Suspension – Executive Air Charter of Boca Raton, Inc c.o.b. Fairwind Air Charter – Order No. 2020-A-163License suspended pursuant to paragraph 75(1)(b).
- Suspension – Maine Aviation Management, Inc – Order No. 2020-A-164License suspended pursuant to paragraph 75(1)(b
INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION NEWS
- COPA – AVRO Arrow flight test model found
- COPA – Beech Duchess takes off with tie-down block trailing
- COPA – FAA issues AD affecting high-wing Cessnas
- COPA – Lack of stall warnings cited by TSB in Beaver Crash
- COPA – Ninety-nines announce charity awards
- ALPA – ALPA members are never alone
- ALPA – New initiative reassures public pilots are ‘ready for takeoff’ when travelers are ready to fly
- ACI and IATA call for urgent industry-wide support to underpin recovery
- After COVID-19: Long-term solutions for airport passenger experience
- As ACI analysis shows how far traffic has fallen, cooperation and assistance will be key to recovery
- Atlantic Canada’s airports call for federal support
- Canadian airports, stadiums seek pandemic-resistant certification. But how is this done?
- Hamilton’s airport runway modernization completed to accommodation larger aircraft
- It will take five years for Kelowna International Airport to recover from COVID
- N.W.T. to make masks mandatory inside airport terminal buildings
- ‘Time is truly of the essence’ airports look to Ottawa for pandemic relief
- WestJet service cancellations another blow to already hard-hit Atlantic Canada airports
ROTARY OPERATOR NEWS
- Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems receives approval from the U.S. and Canada for Airbus Helicopters AS350s
- EPS Air 1 helps rescue lost hiker at Elk Island
- Study supports EMS use of piloted multicopters
- Transport Canada approves BVLOS commercial drone operations with Iris Automation’s Casia safety technology
- Volatus Aerospace expands drone services in Ontario
- A new global mobility hierarchy emerges as international travel resumes
- Air Canada agrees to still take over Air Transat, but for much lower price
- Aviation feeling the pinch, but rec pilots still taking to the skies
- Boeing sees potential for its aircraft in many future roles
- Bombardier targets 1,000 paid internships for the 2020-21 academic year
- NAV CANADA reports September traffic figures
- Rapid COVID-19 test approval welcomed by aviation workers
- Small plane makes emergency landing on grass at Victoria airport
- WestJet cuts not a surprise, but ‘pretty bad’ for region, says MUN dean of business
- WestJet cuts ‘just the leading edge’ if feds don’t provide aid to airlines: experts
- WestJet makes difficult decision to suspend service to four cities in Atlantic Canada